Are you up to speed with technology?
In this digital time, we are fortunate to have so many great resources available but it can be overwhelming to understand how to utilize them. I can help you analyze what makes the most sense for your business, your volunteer groups or your family. Moms, if you are like me trying to manage your families schedules, assist your children with their homework, and stay on top of your household, you probably would like a cheat sheet on how to simplify.
Crash Course 101…
My goal is to help you get set-up in a way that is easy for you to manage your online life. This is a 3-day workshop designed to teach practical skills and learn the basics.
Sync Devices – Do you know how to sync your iphone, computer and ipad so that your information (contacts, calendar, photos) is shared between your devices?
Google Drive – Organize and file all of your documents, spreadsheets, notes and photos. Set up to access and save documents from your desktop. Learn how to share documents and folders.
Docs & Sheets – Don’t spend time emailing documents back and forth when all you have to do is create the document and share it so that more than one person can edit or view it. Kids can share their research papers with their parents to edit. Learn to use page numbers, headers/footers, sections, styles, templates, insert graphics, insert columns, tables. Learn how to convert documents to PDF’s so they maintain their layout when they are emailed and shared.
Google Calendar – Are you still using a paper organizer for your CALENDAR and CONTACTS?Teach yourself and your family how to manage their own calendar and then share their calendar with the rest of the family to post their school holiday breaks, doctors appointments, extracurriculars, etc so that everyone is on the same page. Create different calendars/folders for personal and each family member. [As a mom this has been invaluable since my kids and husband can all view our commitments for school, sports, personal, etc on their individual devices and I only have to post them once.]
Google Email – set up a gmail account. Learn to stay on top of your email. Manage your junk email. Learn to manage FOLDERS & FILTERS to organize your email.
Set up your Digital Devices – Set up your iPhone and iPad so that your devices work for your lifestyle and individual needs.
iPhone Apps –Are you able to access and manage all of the great apps and programs on your digital devices to fit your lifestyle? There are so many options… find out which ones are the most useful to your lifestyle.
Set up your CHILDREN’s Digital Devices –Are your children using mobile devices? Learn to set up the restrictions to ensure they are using appropriate apps.
- Mac Basics – login, set up user accounts & passwords, navigate the desktop, open/close software, save/find files and folders, and use various media and shortcuts.
- Using a browser – Do you know what a BROWSER or a URL is [chrome, safari, firefox]? Learn how to clear your cache, login so you can sync your browser between devices and learn to manage your bookmarks and toolbar.
- DATE OPTIONS: June 12, 14, 15, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, July 10-15, 19-22, 24, 25, 29
- HOURS: 7 hours over 3 different days
- FEE: $200 (private lessons are $75/hour for 1-2 people)
- SPACES: min of 4 and a max of 6
- You will need a laptop Mac for the course.
(If you have a desktop, you can set up a private lesson.)
CRASH COURSE 102…
Business Gmail accounts (excellent option for small non profit groups – view pricing). This is $5 per month but also has more security options. This requires owning a domain (ie: smithfamily.com)
Google Drive – learn about Slides, Forms and more in depth functions for sheets and documents. Forms can be shared via link, email or embedded with HTML, and responses are collected in a Google spreadsheet.
Social Media Accounts – Decide on the best social media for your personal interests and then set them up with the privacy settings and streamline them to meet your needs.
Online Quickbooks – This is not just for business… if you have a small volunteer/non profit group, this is an easy way to manage your accounting and allow access to more than one member. If you collect fees, you can create easy email invoices that allow clients to pay online (with low processing fees) which then syncs with your invoices automatically.
- iPhoto – set it up to sync with your iPhone so that anytime you take a picture with your phone, it will automatically show up on the rest of your devices. Learn how to use online storage to manage your photos and create albums.
- Cloud Photo Storage – It is important to backup your photos on a regular basis whether it is with an external drive in your home or on a cloud-storage service.
- Shutterfly Share Sites – great for groups, teams and family to share photos, rosters, calendars and more.
- Ordering Photo Cards, Albums, & Gifts
- Scanning services – learn about scanning services for all those print photos and negatives you would like to convert to digital.
NOTES, FILES MANAGEMENT & CLOUD STORAGE
- Dropbox – manage photos, share documents, work with teams, assist kids with homework. Access your files from any computer or mobile device… you are no longer just reliant on your computer.
- Evernote – manage home and business life with ability to share all of your files, store recipes, important documents, research notes, etc. Access your files from any computer or mobile device… you are no longer just reliant on your computer.
- Google Drive – document management, photo management and more.
GRAPHIC DESIGN & PRINTING
- Crop & Resize Images – online, in iPhoto, with Mac Preview tool, & photoshop.
- Stock Digital Photos – learn how to use and purchase stock photos for all of your marketing needs.
- Print Materials – find the most affordable ways to print your business cards, flyers, postcards and banners… vistaprint, moo, uprinting
WEBSITES & DOMAINS
- WordPress Blog or Website – Learn the basics for setting your own website.
- Personal Domain – Consider securing a personal domain for yourself or your family (ie: firstlastname.com) that can be used in the future for a website.